Friday, June 18, 2010

Off with her head

It has been close to a week since my last post. So I'll try and get you on board as to whats been happening at the tournament in Mt. Pleasant. Well for starters I lost in the quarters of singles and is currently in the finals of doubles, which will be played tomorrow morning. But it's wicked hot here. I know one day was said to be 115 degrees with the heat index and the next day was up to 111 degrees. So I can tell you all I've really been doing is sweating as much as a 500 pound man on the Biggest Loser and that's just sitting. In my matches after about 2 games my shirt is already feeling like I just got out of a pool. So it's just a great feeling...

Anyway my first round match was against a feisty opponent who just drilled balls with her two hands on both sides swings. I played pretty good for being a bit nervous in my 1st round. Served well and hit my shots cleanly. So it was a good match. Then 2nd round I played an opponent who didn't look like she was going to get my shots but did and made me play a lot of extra shots. She also made me go insane with her questioning every freakin shot that hit a line. Literally, not joking about 20 times she would stop play have the umpire coming down and check a mark. IT'S CLAY!!! So there would have to be a mark but no she always pointed to a different mark and the umpire would a agree with her and I would lose the point or have to hit a 2nd serve when I clearly aced her. I was like are you f'ing kidding me. I felt like Federer playing against Nadal when Nadal used the shotspot and all Federer's shot were out by millimeters. You think you hit a winner, get your hopes up only to have them be dashed in the blink of an eye. And all you want them to do is stop questioning everything. But anyway I was close to making it go three sets but pulled it out in two. So a win is a win. And today I lost to a top junior who ran down everything and didn't miss. I played like crap, couldn't get a ball in the court so I deserved to lose.

But on a good note I made it into the finals of doubles. We've played some good teams and the no ad scoring is tough but we've done pretty good for never playing together before. Our first match was won in a match tiebreaker to decide the third set after splitting. Then our next two matches we seemed to play much better together. So I'm excited for the finals, hopefully we'll end up on the winning side but if not it's been a good tournament. We'll see what happens tomorrow. Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment