Saturday, June 12, 2010

Mt. Pleasant, SC

Currently sitting in the hotel room in Mount Pleasant, South Carolina. Not much else to do seeing it is wicked hot here. You walk outside and feel your skin melting. I thought Florida was bad. This is about the same. Today the temperature got up to about 96 and the heat index was up to 106. Thank god we are playing on clay this week that's all I can say.

Yesterday we drove up here from Boca. It took about 8 hours which isn't bad. My road rage didn't flare up too bad. But I just have to say how I love the people who ride your ass to make you move over but then it takes them for what seems like forever to pass you. Like pass me already! Geez. Or the people who NEVER look in the rear view mirror and go 50 in the fast lane. Ahh my blood pressure just rose.

Anyway...The ride was uneventful besides the lake forming in the back seat of the car (not kidding). Like my mom says, ducks could swim back there. We have no idea what it is from or why it is happening. All we could do to get rid of the pool was to buy a shamwow and soak it up. And yes the shamwow does wow you with how much water it soaks up. I suggest buying one.

On a completely different note I signed in today as a professional!! Crazy! This is my first tournament as a pro. I was second on the qualifiers list which would have meant I would be seeded 2 in the qualifying draw. But after signing in (as a pro) I looked online to see the time I played. I looked once, twice, three times (a lady - ha sorry made me think of that song) up and down the rows of names and times but couldn't find my name. After several minutes of staring at the screen I realized I'm in the main draw. Yippy! I don't have to play 4 matches just for the heck of it. Sucks that I am here 3 days early but that got me out of Florida and the endless pointless conversations that went on at the dinner table. So not complaining. But just going to practice for the next 2 days. The main draw starts Tuesday so I'll let you know how it goes. (I hope well or else get ready for a very explicit blog)

Damn it now I have that stupid song stuck in my head. Thanks Lionel.

No comments:

Post a Comment