Monday, June 7, 2010

Hell - day 1

So I woke up this morning actually feeling like practice was going to be okay..boy was I wrong! After taking 6 complete days off I ended up almost puking numerous times, passing out, even had the color wash out of my sight so I could only see gray, getting a bloody nose, and above all losing to a boy who hasn't hit puberty yet. So overall it was a fantastic day. One I'll be sure to remember for a long time. But I guess that's what I get for taking time off and returning in the hottest and most humid state in the country.

So practice this morning was mostly spend crouched down, breathing hard with my racket holding me up. 2 hours was scheduled for practice but I stopped at a hour and a half and of that hour and a half about 30 minutes was probably spent actually hitting and the rest I was wanting to just curl up and die. I haven't felt that bad since freshmen year at school when we ran hills after a 2 hour practice and sprints. The worst thing was I had to call it quits when everything went gray while I was serving. Talk about embarrassing. Serving is so freaking easy, all you do is just stand there, throw the ball up and hit it. Not too strenuous. But I was literally about to pass out and choke on my vomit. Then in the afternoon I was selected to play a kid who was probably 13 and didn't even come up to my boobs. And about halfway through the first set I ended up with a bloody nose. I thought "yes! could my day get any better. I already made a fool of myself this morning. Why now?" But after taking a few minutes to stop the bleeding I went right back into the match. I wish I didn't. I lost. That's all I'll say about it. I'm sure the coaches are like 'why the hell is she here?' Oh well I guess. It's only day 1. There is a positive to take from this day and that is my stamina actually improved in 4 hours from morning practice to the afternoon.

Oh I forgot to say after the afternoon hit the coach was like 'so you wanna do some fitness?' Like are you kidding me! I'm dying over here. But I was a trooper and said sure I'll do fitness (I was actually planning on it just not with the head strength and conditioning coach for the USTA). It wasn't too bad, he knew how my day went by asking 'how are you still standing?' He didn't kill me just 10 minute bike, hurdles, squats, abs, shoulder rehab, and stretching. So overall the day was ok but not like what I predicted waking up this morning. I can't wait to get up tomorrow morning and feel how sore I'm going to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment