Friday, October 1, 2010

Strong Like Bull

Practice this week is finally over, but it was a great week. I got a chance to work one on one with Ola Malmqvist who is the Head of Women's Tennis for the USTA. Now I have gotten to work with him before but never one on one, and man did he kill me. But I got to experience him on my court every day of this week. I continued to work on my backhand which has gotten a lot better. Hit my forehand bigger. Improve my serve, and cut down my unforced errors by not missing in the net or wide. So I can definitely say after this week I have improved my game. I even got a chance to play a player who once was top 50 in the world. The first day I was down 4-6 4-4 then a monsoon hit. But the next day I won the set we played 6-3. So that was a good experience. Another great thing is that I have been doing a lot of fitness and each day I feel a little more stronger and faster and I think feeling fitter on the court is increasing my confidence. And in practice sets and matches my confidence is starting to show. So I am very excited about that. Now all that I need to do is to continue to play the way I am now in my next tournament, two weeks from now. Until then I'll continue to workout and try and build on the confidence I have in my game now.

No comments:

Post a Comment