Monday, October 11, 2010

50k Troy, Alabama

So I ended up getting a wildcard in the qualifying draw of a 50k in Troy, Al. I found out on Wednesday that I got the wildcard and was on a flight Saturday morning. They wanted me to get here on Friday but thank goodness I didn't because there is absolutely nothing here. They only seem to have fast food and gas stations on the main road. But they do have a Wal-Mart so that is a plus. But anyway qualifying matches started on Sunday and I ended up playing Krisan who I played 2 summers ago and she just doesn't miss and runs everything down. But I had a good game plan and played aggressively and ended up winning 3 and 2. Then my next round was against the number 2 seed in the qualies Solovieva who I guess turns out to have been the number one ranked junior in the world at one point. I lost 2 and 2. I didn't play bad I just didn't play good either. Everything was hit to my backhand and I felt I couldn't be aggressive hitting just backhands so that was the story in the singles.

On a better note I got into the doubles main draw which is a plus. I played with Elizabeth Lumpkin but our first round was against the number 2 seeds of Ditty and Spears. :( That was a sucky draw. Elizabeth and I have have never played together and to get the 2nd seed is just bad luck. Both are ranked in the top 200 and one I can't remember which but one is ranked top 60 in the world for doubles. Anyway we lost 0 and 4. And that was my first doubles match I've played since July, and I seemed to have forgotten how to play doubles for the first set. We had some chances in the second set that we let slip away. But it was a good experience to play players who have competed in Grand Slams. So now I know what to work on. And hopefully one day I'll get there. But that was it for Troy, Al. Now I'm off to Rock Hill, South Carolina for a 25k which I am in the qualifying draw of. Hopefully I'll do some damage there. But I'll post my next blog after that one is finished or before if something exciting happens...

No comments:

Post a Comment