Monday, October 25, 2010

Rock Hill, SC

Well I am back in Florida for about 24 hours before myself and my mom head to Australia. But I'll tell you about last week at the 25k in Rock Hill, SC. So here we go!

I ended up having to qualify for the tournament so my first match was on Sunday and I won my first two matches against decent opponents. One who is really difficult to play because it can be hit or miss but ended up winning. So I managed to get into the final round of the qualifying and had to play Brittany Augustine who I played 2 summers ago in Brownsville, TX and lost in 3 sets. So I had a game plan in mind and I knew it was going to be tough but I grinded it out with a 3-6 6-3 6-3 win to make it into the main draw.

My first round in the main was against a Brazilian player who I've seen many times but never have played. I guess in her career she has played over 500 matches so she was an experienced player. Anyway she is a player who just doesn't miss and she also doesn't go for many winners. I ended up winning 6-3 6-2 by being really aggressive and hitting as many forehands as I could. Then in the next round I had to play the number 1 seed from Columbia who was ranked 131 in the world. And going into the match I knew it would be a great experience for me so I put it all on the line and turns out I won 6-4 6-3. Again I hit a lot of big forehands and she just made a lot of forehand errors. The next day I had to play a friend of mine Irina and woke up not feeling well at all. It must have been due to the change in the weather, going from 85 degrees to the 40s. But no wondering many top pros pull out of matches when they feel sick, its not fun. You can't move well at all, your reactions are delayed, and in my case I was nauseous the whole time. But it was bad, I think I was done in about 10 minutes. So that was my tournament for the singles, and I couldn't have been happier. That was a great tournament, played some good competition, got 6 matches under my belt. It was a good week to have before heading off to Australia tomorrow.

Then in doubles I paired up with Sanaz again and we made it all the way to the finals. We took out the number 4 seeds and the number 2 seeds. But we fell in the finals to the two girls I took out in singles (maybe it was there revenge) but it was close. We lost the first set, won the second set, then lost in the 10-point breaker. So again it was a really good tournament.

Now it is off to Australia tomorrow morning. I CANNOT wait! I'm really excited so I will try to keep you all informed as to what is happening in the Land Down Under. Until then I would like everyone to celebrate on Wednesday the 27th of October because that will be a day that I will never experience. Weird. Leave America on Tuesday and get to Australia on Thursday. So have a BBQ, open a present, or light off a firework, but enjoy Wednesday the 27th for me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment