Sunday, February 20, 2011

Practice, practice, and more practice

Another week has come and gone and I am still waiting to see if I'll get into the tournaments in the States. As of now they are still really tough to get into. The cutoff for the main draw is about 150 and the qualifying is under 300. I am about 30th on the alternate list for the tournament in Hammond and about 100 for Clearwater. So my chances of getting in are a little slim. I'm praying for a wildcard.

Since there hasn't been any tournaments lately all I've been doing is practicing and preparing as if I am going to get into these tournaments so nothing exciting has happened in the last week. But I did run into Chris Evert the other day. That was awesome. When I went to the Evert Academy a long time ago and one summer I got to hit with her almost every morning. I could see how competitive she was in practice so I could only imagine what she was like in her years of Grand Slam competition. But since the other day I haven't seen her or spoke to her in about 6 years. It's weird how time seems to go by so quickly. It seems like just yesterday we were hitting on the back courts.

So that was my week. It's not exciting when you aren't traveling and playing in tournaments. But you can't do anything about that until you do get into one. As of now I'm just keeping my fingers crossed. Hopefully I'll get some good news in a couple of days. I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment