Monday, January 17, 2011

Plantation

Oh plantation i have missed thee. the place brings back many great memories... Not. Every memory I have of it was all bad. Junior tournaments were always held there and I never did well. I actually played awful just about every time there. But now, years later I found myself back in that hell I like to call it for a 25k. Now don't get me wrong the place is nice it's just a park that has rows of tennis courts as far as the eye can see. I've never played well there so that's why I don't like it. But anyway, moving on. The tournament was my first one of the new year and first after taking 2 weeks completely off after my Australia trip that I would like to forget. So from that I wasn't expecting much out of myself and to play a tournament after not being able to feel my arm after a long week of practice. My expectations were about as high as the freshly cut grass on the green of the 8th hole on the neighboring golf course. But anyway I managed to win my first round in a third set tiebreaker. But the next day it was all down hill. I couldn't serve and trying to hit groundstrokes passed the service line was impossible. So I decided to throw in the towel in the second set. Now i hate retiring from a match. I think the last time I retired was out at winter super nationals near Phoenix when I was 16. But this time I think it was for the best. It's the first tournament of the year. Why make things worst At the start. So I think my decision was a good one. But now I'm in Lutz Florida for another 25. My arm is doing a little better so we'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment