Saturday, January 29, 2011

The Hard Life

I've just come to the realization that I have no money. It just set in. Well I realized it a week ago but I just thought about writing it now. So the past couple days I've tried really hard to not spend anything. But guess what, that didn't work. Gas in florida has reached $3.29 a gallon, I've ran out of string and my college coach got me hooked on probably the most expensive string, so thats about $30 a racket, plus $15 for stringing. I have doctors visits another $50 or so there. Next week I have a flight to Midland so there is the ticket and another $25-50 for luggage. So this blows. And the worst part is that it's not even my money its my parents. So I feel 10x worse. Whoever said money can't buy you happiness was lying. Without it life is very difficult, especially when you live in a town like Boca where everyone drives a BMW, Mercedes, or Porche. So this upcoming tournament has a lot of money it in, so I really need to do well because if I don't start producing soon this journey is going to end, abruptly. This is the true life of a struggling tennis player. (Maybe I should rename this blog with that.) Anyone know of a sponsor?????

2 comments:

  1. I live in Miami, and trust me I completely understand how you feel.
    I had to take on a part-time job, working 30-hours a week to pay for my own tennis since my parents are terrified of spending so much money and me not producing any results. 30+ hours a week barely gets me enough money to pay for lessons, gas, tournys, and travel money. I'm just starting out as as freshman in college, so this will be interesting. Still trying to get into school for tennis, wish I had done that instead of hitting the futures circuit so early!! haha, but let's hope the hard work pays off!!
    you seem very talented, I'm sure you'll produce a tourny win eventually! goodluck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah tennis is a very expensive sport. But school was a great opportunity to get better in all aspects of the sport. I loved playing at school. I'm sure you will too!! Thanks for the support.

    ReplyDelete