Thursday, March 3, 2011

Off to Knoxville

Well I'm back in Florida after Hammond. Didn't do so well. Lost to Great Britain's Melanie South first round then didn't get in to doubles seeing the cutoff was 530 (I know it's ridiculous for a 25k). I also didn't get in to the tournament in Clearwater :( So the plan right now is practice and do some fitness for the next couple of days. Then on Monday I'm going to head up to Knoxville to practice and watch the team play Vanderbilt and Kentucky over the weekend. I'm looking forward to it. I haven't been there since I graduated in May last year, and the University has made some big improvements to the tennis courts since then. They added two more indoor courts, they added banners of all the All-American players who played at Tennessee, they built new locker rooms and offices but not sure if those are done yet. They also built some new classroom buildings around campus and a new courtyard in front of the football stadium which I have yet to see. So it should be a fun trip. I'll drive up on Monday morning and get there Monday night, practice with the team all week until their matches on Friday and Sunday. I'm looking forward to it. I'll be sure to take some pictures to show you guys what the courts look like. Until then Auf Wiedersehen.

No comments:

Post a Comment