Saturday, March 19, 2011

Doubles Tour

I just was reading a recap of the Federer Djokovic match (which was great by the way) and there was a paragraph that said Sania Mirza and Elena Vesnina won the title at the BNP Paribas by beating Bethanie Mattek-Sands and Meghann Shaughnessy 6-0 7-5. Now just take a guess how much money they each took home...$118,500 each. Yeah, you read correctly. $118,500!! That is insane. I didn't realize that was how much they got. To make that for about a weeks worth of work, not to shabby... I've been told I can make career playing doubles, so after seeing how much they make I'm going to try and find myself a good doubles partner and get my ranking up so I can play in the big tournaments. For now of course I'm playing the 25k circuit. I am playing one next weekend in Pelham, AL, then Jackson, MS, and finally Osprey, FL. All are on clay (which should be interesting) and they are back to back to back weeks, so I'll see how the body holds up. The past few days I've been practicing on the clay and have been doing pretty well, so now I just have to continue to practice well this week and hopefully it will carry over when it's tournament time.

No comments:

Post a Comment