Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Sunderland, GBR - Day Two

So I didn't get the chance to play doubles today like I said I would. We were scheduled to play this afternoon but one of the opponents we were supposed to play was still in her last round of qualifying at 5 this evening. So because they were playing so late and given that after the match she would get an hour and a half rest the tournament director decided to postpone it until tomorrow. I was excited to start playing but can't really do anything about it. Oh well I guess. But my doubles partner for this week is Eva Waccano from the Netherlands. We've never played before, we've never met before actually. We both have a pretty good doubles ranking so we decided to play together. And oddly enough we are seeded. But that's what happens when you go to tournaments when you don't know anyone. You just go around and start asking people. Then when you find someone willing to play you make sure both have a good enough ranking to get into the draw. If you don't, then you keep looking for a partner and get in, or you just don't play doubles. That's the way it works at this level. So tomorrow it's going to be both singles and doubles, probably going to be a long day. But I hope it goes well.

No comments:

Post a Comment