Sunday, November 13, 2011

England Recap

Well my England trip is over. I had a blast. I successfully navigated my way from the London airport, to the train station, to the hotel, to the courts, back to the train station, to the hotel, to the courts, back to the train station, back to the London airport, and finally back home. I did all that without getting lost, or getting on a train heading in the opposite direction. I am so proud of myself. Tennis went well. I won doubles at one tournament and played well in singles. I met people from Australia, Great Britain, Czech Republic, France, and Switzerland. I was known only as USA or “the American” by some tournament officials. I learned that the English are crazy drivers along narrow roads in their thin mini cars. I tried new foods like pork belly and curry, but not fish and chips because I am not a seafood person. I’ve drank enough tea for years to come. I realized that X Factor USA is better than X Factor UK. I am also amazed at the lengths some of the English went to help me out when I was in need. Now I head back to the States just when I was getting over my jet lag, looking the other way when crossing the road, getting into the passenger seat on the left side of the car, and understanding the English accents. Now I have to get use to it all over again the US. But it was a great trip. I feel like I grew up by being on my own and making decisions on my own. It was a great experience and I can’t wait to do it again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment