Friday, September 24, 2010

NYC continued...

On Sunday, Nat and I met up with Mike (my college coach) and headed to the Metropolitan Museum of Art. That place was amazing! It was humongous. It’s impossible to look at everything without being in there for 2 weeks straight. There was so much art and sculptures I didn’t even see half of what the museum held. But what I did see was great. In the Egyptian section they literally took a tomb (or what looked like a tomb) from Egypt and stuck it in the museum. They rebuild what would have been a person’s balcony inside of the museum and placed the sculptures where they would have been hundreds of years ago. The place was just room after room after room of artifacts, paintings, and sculptures. It’s a must see if you are in New York.

Then on Monday I ended up watching the first rounds at the Open and there were a lot of them. I saw Roddick, Clijsters, Stosur, Dent, Schiavone, Ivanovic to name a few. This was my first time being there during the tournament so there was a lot to take in. The stadiums were good sizes and there were people everywhere. All the matches were fun to watch, some were close and all the favorites ended up winning. But it was a great day, the weather was great (got burned), the matches were great, and the atmosphere there is great. But wish I were there to play instead of watching. Next Year!!! I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment