Saturday, November 20, 2010

Hey everyone, sorry for the delay. I really didn't feel like discussing my previous tournament seeing I was only there for a couple days. But here is a general overview as to what went down. I lost second round of the qualifying draw which I got a bye first round. Then I didn't get into doubles seeing everyone and their cousin signed up to play. So that was Esperance. I'm glad I got out of there. After we left Esperance we headed to Brisbane about a 5 hour flight from Perth and in the airport we saw Curtis Stone! If you don't know who he is well he has his own cooking show on TLC called the "Take Home Chef". And man is he good looking! He can cook for me any day. haha. Anyway in Brisbane we stayed at my former teammate Katie Lee's house. It was great. Her family was very nice and made us feel right at home. They even took us to Noosa which is a beach town about 90 minutes north of Brisbane. So it was great to get away from tennis for a little bit after my first two horrendous weeks. But while I was in Brisbane I got a lot of good practice in. I got to play over at Nudgee University where I hit with a couple guys and and Australian girl Harriet Sheahan. Then I went over to the Brisbane Tennis Center where they play the Brisbane International before the Australian Open. And let me tell you the facility was sooo nice. One day I hope to play there. I also got a really good hit with Shannon Golds the former Australia pro who was up to about 200 in the world, and she now is one of the hitting partners for Sam Stosur. So it was a busy week but it was good. I started to feel comfortable on the court again. So I'm hoping it will continue this weekend in Traralgon. The qualies starts tomorrow. Wish me luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment