Sunday, August 29, 2010

New York City

Today I just got into NYC for an ITA banquet held here this weekend. I flew into LaGuardia and took a taxi to the Grand Hyatt in Midtown. I pulled up to the hotel around 1 and wow is it a nice hotel. A bell boy came opened my door and pulled out my bags for me. Then as you walk into the rotating doors you see this huge marble wall with water flowing down it. You take an escalator to the lobby and find more marble, dim lighting and modern style furniture. So the whole time from the airport to the hotel I was praying I could check in early. I get up to the desk and they tell me my room is ready. Thank goodness! Now the best part is that the receptionist tells me to take the elevators because my room is on the 26th floor, so I head over to a wall that literally has 10 elevators. I get into one and it only goes up to the 24th floor. So I’m like whatever and hit the button to the 24th floor but it doesn’t work so I hit the 23rd. I get to the 23rd floor thinking I could get into another elevator that will take me to my floor, only that wasn’t the case. I walked around the halls for about 5 minutes looking for other elevators but couldn’t find any and thought that I must look creepy just walking up and down the halls, so I just decided to take stairs. I walked up 3 flights with my backpack, my tennis bag, and my suitcase and I was winded. Ha. So I finally reached the ghost floor and trying to find my room was like walking around in a corn maze. I was waiting for Jack Nicolas or the twins to be sitting on their tricycles around the corners. I walked one way the numbers were descending, I headed another way and the numbers were too high. But I finally got to the room and it’s pretty nice. It was smaller than I imagined and the bathroom and closet seem to be on the wrong sides. But that’s just me. Now I’m just gonna sit here possibly take a nap and wait for dinner tonight downtown. Then the banquet tomorrow and Arthur Ashe Kids Day!!! Can’t wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment